Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a talented litigation paralegal. You will be a valued partner with our senior litigation attorneys to manage a wide range of litigation, investigation, and technical projects, including case management, case tracking and reporting, discovery responses and information gathering, and diverse coordination activities. This position requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to support multiple tasks and individuals.
What you'll work on:
- Supporting all aspects of litigation, internal investigations, and special projects, including subpoena responses, eDiscovery (legal holds, data collection and processing, productions to outside counsel), and vendor coordination.
- Supporting intellectual property registrations and disputes.
- Organizing, managing, and updating case management systems and case materials.
- Acting as liaison among various internal departments as well as with outside vendors and outside counsel.
- Conducting special research, fact gathering, and data analysis.
- Managing data collection and data entry; ensure data accuracy.
- Assisting with the development of multi-disciplinary structures, policies, and procedures to manage information at an enterprise level
- Preparing and facilitating signature and delivery of legal documents.
- Maintaining appropriate chain of custody and other documentation throughout the lifecycle of matters in accordance with accepted protocols.
- Performing other legal and operational tasks as required.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- BA/BS degree.
- 4+ years litigation experience in a corporate, law firm, or government environment.
- Experience with eDiscovery platforms.
- Experience managing confidential information.
- Organizational and critical thinking aptitude.
- Competence with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- Paralegal certificate or project manager certification/experience.
- Team oriented, articulate, proactive and calm under pressure.
- Working knowledge of information governance and eDiscovery best practices.
- Experience managing confidential information with professionalism and integrity.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.